Now that the lighter evenings are here again, is this the best time to start promoting your salon?
Any time of year is good to hold an event in Salon and get your creative juices flowing. Yet these light evenings will allow passers by to see what is going on and possibly get involved. If you are in a high footfall area such as the High Street, there will be more passers by than winter time right now.
Balloons may not be the best way to attract potential new clients – eye catching nevertheless – but do let your feet touch the pavement. Step just outside the salon with smartly dressed staff and get passers by involved.
* Give away chocolate truffles laid nicely out on a silver platter – along with a brilliantly produced pice of literature. This could be your price list, a postcard with an offer or a simple leaflet.
* Always, always, always without fail include within your artwork your contact details via twitter, facebook and linked in. Clients find this an easy way to research you.
*Brief your staff before the event. Better still, hire in an industry expert. Staff should be dressed smartly with immaculate hair and make up. They ARE your advertising.
* PLAN plan plan in advance. Ensure plenty of attendance. Email your clients, ask them to bring friends – post to facebook and twitter. Get your staff to post to their accounts too! Give away promotional leaflets as every client leaves. Display posters in your windows.
*Make the date at least 6 weeks away
* Decide on an order of events for the night – for example
-Free consultations with the stylists
-Nail treatments/hand massage
-A talk about your retail products and how to improve hair health
-Glass of bubbly
-Local hair accessory company to sell goods (you agree a % share)
-Give aways of pens, mugs
* Have a pot for local business owners to pop their business cards into to go into a draw for a free cut and blow dry. This can then be advertised as a networking opportunity. Follow up with emails to say thank you for coming and would they like to be added to your newsletter
There are so many wonderful ideas for this event. You want people to leave feeling as though it was a night of great information and give aways. They must want to come to the next one. They must want to tell all their friends about this amazing salon.
Watch your profile get raised.
Watch your profits grow!